November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving at Mike's

I have missed the last three Thanksgivings but this year I was able to be at my brother Mike's for his Thanksgiving feast. He puts on quite a spread. At last count, there were almost 40 people there for at least part of the dinner extravaganza. My Mongolian friends would have enjoyed it as it was a meat-eaters paradise: several types of beef and pork, seafood such as salmon, tuna and shrimp, Italian sausage, and two turkeys - one roasted and the other deep fried.

Too many people to mention here but I want to thank Vic and Linda for coming all the way from Atlanta, and Anita coming from Phoenix, Steve and Charley coming from Cape Girardeau. It was great to have them there. In absence was Andrea, now living in Florida, and Matt and Melissa who are still in Kazakhstan. And my brothers Tom and Bill were at their in-laws family celebrating.

And the weather was perfect. It was unseasonably warm for the end of November as you can seem my brother Mike is wearing shorts. The sun was shinning. You couldn't ask for a better day.

Everyone ate too much. But being together was the best anyone could ask for. I have a great family.

Lou, Linda & Anita

Mike carving the turkey

What's on the grill?

MEAT!

More family at the table

Kaitlan and Kate

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!