October 4, 2007

10/04/07 St Lys France

Tess was so nice to take me to the train station in Lavaur and wait with me. I just didn't know how to feel about leaving Nalanda after living there for three months. I guess only time will tell what kind of effect it had on me.

It was so good to be back with Cynthia and Jean-Yves back in St Lys. Even though they are both very busy with work and school, they made me feel welcome in their home. So, during the day, I just relaxed and tried to take it easy - just like a vacation. I even got in a bit of running.


Jean-Yves & Cynthia

It was fun to see Jean-Yves new computer too. We are both die-hard Apple computer fans. His old iBook finally died and he needed another laptop for school. So he got an Apple MacBook. Very nice. And when Aplle releases it's newest operating system next week, it will be even better. I am looking forward to getting a new computer myself when I get home. My niece Lauren got my laptop to use at school when I left for Europe six months ago. So, naturally I need a replacement. [smile]

On Thursday, it was deja vu all over again when Jean-Yves and I drove back out to Lavaur to go to a birthday party at Jean-Luc and Laura's. It was Laura's 30th birthday. A lot of the people I had met over the summer were there, Sixta & Estella, Willie, Bertrand & Julie, and Francois & Violete. It was a fun party but we still had an hour drive to get back home, so we left soon after the cake. Oh, it was a glorious French pastry made of chocolate moose. Yum!

Laura cuts her cake