September 10, 2002

9/10/02 Toulouse

Curled up in front of the TV

The cat Sara and I just hung out while Cindy was at work this morning. The sun was out and the sky was blue. I am so fortunate to have family like Cindy who open their homes to me. I mean, before a few days ago, we'd never met other than through emails. And I'm so glad we finally did meet. We're both kind of the odd-ducks in our respective families, probably what most people would call "very non-traditional" if they were being nice. We have a lot of the same viewpoints and ideals. I wish I could hang out more with her.

Tonight we rented "Mission Impossible" and ate some very good pasta with homemade pesto. Earlier, we sat in a café off the main plaza and people-watched. Like Spain, "all" the women here are beautiful. Sort of difficult to appreciate at all the ancient architecture when I'm constantly distracted by all the pretty girls walk in front of those buildings.

Bought train tickets today for Thursday to St Jean-Pied-de-Port to begin my pilgrimage.